Saturday 6 March 2010

Training Week -9

The weather was much better for cycling this week - dry and sunny, and cold but not icy. So I put in the miles. I've just returned from a 64 mile round trip to Wallingford (pictured) via Chinnor, then back via Thame. I did the trip in 5.5 hrs including a break for lunch and numerous coffee stops, which is an average speed of 11.63 mph. So our 85 mile daily average should take around 7.5 hours - if we set off at 9am we'll finish at around 4:30pm, which sounds about right.

The roads are still full of potholes and ruts, so I'm glad of my comfy saddle and 35mm width tyres. I haven't had any saddle sores yet - either with or without padded shorts.

This week's diary:

  • Mon - cycled to work (16 miles)
  • Tues - cycled to work (16 miles) plus spinning class

  • Weds - rest day (band practice)

  • Thurs - cycled to work (16 miles) plus gym

  • Fri - cycled to work (16 miles) plus swim

  • Sat - 64 mile ride

  • Sun - rest day - probably go for walk and dig the allotment - so not exactly 'rest'

Total cycled: 128 miles. Weight 11st 7lb

1 comment:

  1. Wow Pete, that looks really good. I live near Wallingford so definitely recognise that photo! You're lucky, the river's been so high the last week or so that some of that area has been impassable.

    Sounds like the training is going very well, something for me to aspire to!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete