Saturday 13 February 2010

Transport There and Back

Today I've finally managed to book my train ticket to Penzance for the day before the start. They only release the tickets about 12 weeks in advance, there are only 6 spaces for bikes on each train, and they won't tell you the exact date the tickets are available. So I've been phoning on a daily basis for the last week or so - got to know the people in the Indian call centre quite well.

I also booked a flight back from Inverness to Luton on the day after we finish. I was going to travel back by train, but Discover Adventure have arranged a bike courier service for £85, which with a flight of £30 is cheaper than the train ticket. It also means I can spend some time hobbling around Inverness and having a celebratory Sunday lunch with Mike, as both our flights are in the late afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment